|Kale Mini Scones|
This morning, I baked the Chanterelle scones and have a batch of mini-scones in the freezer for First Friday in August.
Savory Sourdough Scones
- In a large bowl combine flours, baking powder, sea salt, sugar, baking soda
- Stir in sourdough, vegetables (use veggies you like) and other ingredients.
- and add yogurt by the tablespoon until you can form a nice ball.
- Gently knead, with very light touches until it comes together.
- Roll out gently to about ½ inch (thicker if you like) then cut with a knife into triangles or use a shaped cutter.
- Place scones on an oiled baking sheet
- Let them rest 10 minutes under a towel
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes at 425° (7-9 minutes for mini-scones) - Oven’s are do not have uniform temperatures. Check your bake often after 10 minutes to prevent an over cooked scone.